28 Jul YAMAHA YZF R15’S UNBEATABLE SPIRIT RE-FUELS THE SENSES IN MALAYSIA
YAMAHA YZF R15’S UNBEATABLE SPIRIT RE-FUELS THE SENSES IN MALAYSIA
Penang, Saturday 28thJuly 2018 – Hong Leong Yamaha Motor (‘HLYM’) took the world by storm when it first launched the iconic Yamaha YZF R Series creating a cult following amongst its fans. In line with the strong heritage and continued brand love, HLYM today unveiled the upgraded version of Yamaha YZF R15 (‘YZF R15’) Series, as a prelude to the Karnival Gen Blu Yamaha, held at Batu Kawan Stadium. This upgraded YZF R15 displays the supreme “Unbeatable Spirit” wrapped in a brand new dynamic package that will heighten riders’ senses, delivering an unbeatable riding experience.
According to Dato’ Jim Khor, Managing Director of HLYM, “The YZF R15 needs no introduction for avid bikers. With the dynamic update in design and performance in this new generation model, we are confident that the series will continue to raise the bar for motorcycles below 200cc engine capacity street segment. Since 2017, the industry has seen an upward trend in the purchase of motorcycles with a total industry volume of 500,000 units sold. This is a testament that motorcycles will continue to remain an as important mode of transportation in Malaysia. The growth is significant as it also directly increase the demand of Yamaha motorcycles, the brand that provides Malaysians a superior riding experience.”
Specifications of YZF R15:
- Aerodynamic styling;
- Powerful technology loaded engine;
- USD front fork with excellent strength rigidity balance;
- Updated Deltabox chassis;
- Aluminum swing arm for better and stable handling;
- 155cc Liquid-cooled 4V engine that amplifies fuel efficiency with a Variable Valve Actuation System (VVA);
- A 6-speed gear box;
- Aesthetic “glaring eyes” frontal design;
- Cockpit styling – a design inspiration from Yamaha models YZF-R1 and YZF-R6;
- 282mm diameter front disc brake that provides excellent brake system;
- Shift timing lights, Hazard lights & LED tail lights;
- Super wide tyres;
- New steering geometry design;
- Assist and slipper clutch for lighter level pull and stress-free gear shifts.
In conjunction with the launch, HLYM is giving away free Yamaha branded merchandise item, Yamaha Disc Lock. This unique gift:
- Is made up of stainless steel;
- Comes with a reminder cable;
- Comes with an attachment security eye;
- Comes with a 3-high security key cards; and
- Comes with a 6mm locking pin – the pin is hammer, drill and saw resistant!
Priced at RM11,988 subject to approval, the newly enhanced Yamaha YZF R15 is for enthusiast Malaysians who are looking to be part of this exciting and iconic riding experience.
Do not miss out the heat and feel the exhilaration!
About Hong Leong Yamaha Motor Sdn. Bhd.
Hong Leong Yamaha Motor Sdn. Bhd. (HLYM)(Co. no:46829-P), a company incorporated in Malaysia in 1978, is a joint venture between Hong Leong Industries Bhd and Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd , Japan. Hong Leong Industries Bhd., holds majority equity interest in HLYM, is part of a well-diversified conglomerate, Hong Leong Group of Companies, Malaysia. HLYM was appointed official franchise holder for CKD and CBU Yamaha motorcycles in Malaysia since 1978. It rolled out its first CKD Yamaha street model, RX100 at the Shah Alam plant in 1979.
For further information, please visit http://www.yamaha-motor.com.my or contact:
Lee Chan Wee
Assistant Manager, Marketing
DID : 03- 61577011
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org